Dr. Birte Kathage
Dr. Birte Kathage – research consultant in the higher education sector
- We design and conduct training programs – in Germany and worldwide – covering research funding, grant proposal writing, project design and management, capacity building and international research cooperation.
- Since 2013 coordinator of contents, facilitator and head trainer for DIES ProGRANT, DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service): in charge of the contend-related coordination and implementation of courses within the long-term project “DIES ProGRANT Proposal Writing for Research Grants” for (younger) researchers in Africa, Latin America, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. ProGRANT is part of the “Dialogue on Innovative Higher Education Strategies” (DIES) program of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the German Rectors’ Conference (HRK). The courses are organized by the International Office of the University of Cologne.
- Grant writing consultant for the Quality Management, Faculty of Arts and Humanities (University of Cologne): seminars and individual consultation on funding opportunities and grant application writing for scientific research projects. Target groups: Professors and mid-level faculty members (habilitated researchers and postdocs).
- Trainings for scientific personnel of the University on Cologne on the acquisition of third-party funding (2007-2014).
- Awardee of the Offermann Hergarten Foundation 2005
- Doctorate 2003
- Research assistant (Collaborative Research Unit ACACIA) and lecturer at the University of Cologne.
- Cognitive linguistic research projects on conceptualization of landscape in African languages.
- CEO, Liesendahl GmbH & Co.KG: Business administration, operational and strategic management, human resources management, project management
- Studied African Studies, Medieval and Modern History, Political Science and Sinology in Cologne and Taipei (Taiwan). Graduation as Magister Artium.
Write a message to us.
Or call us directly.
+49 (0) 221 16 88 99 0